Saturday, February 6, 2010






My sweet little dog loving Abbey got bit today by the neighbors (insert adjective here) dog. And the mom had the audacity to get mad at Abbey saying "I told you he would bite you". Then put the damn thing outside when little kids come over! And she has yet to call and check on Abbey. Phew, that felt good to get off my chest.
We were in the ER for 4 hours which is expected but you always hope for the quick in and quick out. They had to put Abbey to sleep which I thought was so sad but it was kind of funny as she was coming out of it. They gave her 11 stitches and now she has Cloe and Brody taking care of her and being so gentle. Brody actually cried quite a bit because he was so sad for her and kept thinking about it. And then he started thinking about what if that was Charlotte, and he could not calm down. Wild and crazy, obnoxious boy with one of the most tender hearts.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad. Hope that Abbey is feeling better and that she doesn't become afraid of dogs.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I inserted a really good adjective...I can't believe your neighbors attitude. Mike got bite by a dog when he was two, and I was babysitting him. Anyway, I hope she feels better soon. Brody is so sweet to be so concerned about his little sisters.

Stacy said...

Poor little girl! I hate dogs. I'm glad that one will be taken away. Hopefully she will recover quickly and be ok.

Becky said...

I'm so mad for you! What a loser neighbor! You should sue. I hope that Abbey feels better soon and heals quickly!

AllMyKs said...

I love that Brody Brown! This post made me love him that much more!
How's Abby doing now? I hope she will still like dogs.

Holly said...

what a sweet big brother. i hope she's feeling better. i just can't believe your neighbor!

-Sydney- said...

Poor Abbey! Brody can empathize because he's spent a few too many times in that ER himself :) What a sweet boy. Did you call animal control? I would.

conradfilm said...

http://wolf.ok.ac.kr/~annyg/english/e5.htm