remember back in May when I blogged about feeling out of place and I was feeling depressed? Well after I put that in writing for the whole world to read, I felt much better and I look back on how I was feeling and wonder how I was at that point. So I'm a little superstitious that if I blog about my problems, they get better and "go away". Hence my current trial is finances and I'm in need of someone that can relate. I mean really relate like you've actually owned your own business and haven't had any income for over a month and no hope for any income any time soon. Sometimes I question my faith, maybe I'm not being faithful enough but I find it hard to go on living with the mentality that "Heavenly Father will provide a way and there is no doubt in my mind. Not having the money to pay my mortgage tomorrow doesn't concern me because I know we'll get a check in the mail." Am I lacking faith if I go find a job? I know a mother belongs at home but maybe circumstances don't allow for that right now. I'm alway hopeful of upcoming events for Ryan and am very optimistic of what will come of it. Not a whole lot so far. But he did recently get a fortune in his fortune cookie that read "keep up the good work. You soon will be rewarded financially." Don't add "in bed" to that one because I'd like to think that we aren't that desperate. And that's all I"m going to say about that because I feel like I sound whiney and like I'm constantly coming up with excuses when I talk about our lack of income.....but if your dating an artist......
but thank goodness for family, it's always nice to know you have family that cares. Our pantry is full.
On a different note, right into our week in review.

the kids finished a week of swim lessons. They loved it and had such a great teacher. I really like her because she was strict and made them do things right. If I'm paying the money for her to teach my kids, I want her to teach my kids.
We got chickens last week! All I had to pay for was the feed. I got a dog house for free that is the hen house and the fence for the chicken run was also free. And a boy that likes my sister built it all for free. Not to mention our three little ladies were also FREE! The Americana is the grey one and she is the only one old enough to lay eggs. She belongs to Cloe and her name is "Ella". The Rhode Island Red is Abbey's and her name is "belina" from "return to Oz", she would prefer to be in the coop and doesn't like to be held. The Barred Rock is the black and white one and that is Brody's named "cheetah". I will pet them but I don't hold them, they freak me out a little but I love them. I talk to them while I water my garden and if they didn't poop so randomly I would sit them on my lap and sing to them. Tears will be shed if one should die.
a garden and fresh eggs from the backyard, doing what we can to be self reliant ;)
the city fair on the cheap and most crowded night.



I always take pictures of her because everything she does is cute. She's just watching Brody play baseball with her water bottle.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

5 comments:
I understand the stress...thank goodness Cory found a part-time ortho job a few months after we moved to Utah, otherwise we would have been screwed. Anyway, I don't think getting a job shows a lack of faith. I think it shows that you are pro-active. I worked part-time the first year and a half we were building our practice. I only worked when Cory was home with the kids too. I am sure you will figure something out...good luck!
BTW, it was so great to see you on Sunday!
XOXO
I understand the stress...thank goodness Cory found a part-time ortho job a few months after we moved to Utah, otherwise we would have been screwed. Anyway, I don't think getting a job shows a lack of faith. I think it shows that you are pro-active. I worked part-time the first year and a half we were building our practice. I only worked when Cory was home with the kids too. I am sure you will figure something out...good luck!
BTW, it was so great to see you on Sunday!
XOXO
Oh, do I ever understand the stress! You must remember that the prophets have encouraged Mom's to stay at home with their kids if they can. And, I think that you will be blessed for it. Don't you just wish that money grew on trees!?!
Gorgeous chickens! What nice people you know and so funny a boy who has a crush on your sister did the work!
Courtney, only you and Ryan know what's best for your family. Make it a subject of prayer and fasting and you will have your answers.
I didn't know you were looking for a job. Where did you apply?
Glad the chickens are right at home. It looks like things are going well. Let me know when any of the other ones lay.
Post a Comment