Tuesday, May 24, 2011

woman of steel 2011

This past weekend I did a triathlon. I feel like it's nothing all that exciting to blog about because I do a couple every year but I do like to look back on my past races to see how I did and felt and compare them. This year was more fun because I had my cousin and some friends participating. Usually I go, I do and then I leave. My time was 1:22 but in my head, I'm subtracting 3 minutes because I got a little scatter brained at the first transition and it took me almost 5 minutes! I'm allowed to do that right? So we'll say 1:19 :) I took 25th out of 165 in my age group and overall 105th out of 750. I felt great, this is a really enjoyable race and I love doing it. And lets not forget the weather was perfect after a week of raining and then rain everyday since the race, that was lucky!

so happy to see my mom, Brody and Abbey cheering me on at the end of the race!
Abbey chasing me to the finish, but I told her she couldn't cross the finish line. (then I would feel like I had to slow down so she could run with me and I'm not that type of competitor, I'm finishing with all I've got left)
Lisa and I trained together (and she beat me)
My cousin Emily and I


3 comments:

Katrina said...

Good job! You look great!

-Sydney- said...

You're awesome :)

Kristy said...

Amazing time. I'm so impressed Courtney. Really.