Ryan rides his bike everyday to and from school about 10 miles each way and at night he complains about his calves cramping. A lot of people ride bikes here and it seems very convenient and scary to ride with these crazy drivers. Yesterday as we were finalizing everything to go to Utah I had some errands to run. I find it frustrating to walk places because it takes to long when I know I could be moving faster, so I decided to ride the bike. A little history, I am scared to ride a bike, I did a triathlon last year and added about 45 minutes onto my final time because of the bike ride, I was scared to go fast. Anyways, one of these errands was to take our queen size down comforter to the laundry mat. So my first attempt on a bike in Italy was with an over sized bag hanging from the handle bars and getting caught in between my leg and wheel every time i peddled forward with my left leg. Oh and the mount and dismount of the bike I'm sure was quite entertaining, Ryan is 6'3 and I'm 5'8 and the seat is set for him. So there were a lot of tippie toes. While the comforter washed, i did other errands and on my way home with the comforter I couldn't quite get balanced while mounting the saddle and from the weight of this huge comforter, I fell in the bushes. One of those moments when you are laughing at your self and thinking "did anyone see that? seriously, that was pathetic did anyone see how funny that was?" Last night in the middle of the night I was awoken by an immense pain in my left calve, Ryan was right. What vitamin am I lacking?
As I mentioned earlier we have super cheap tickets, $350 round trip international!! So you get what you pay for. We were suppose to leave this morning and haven't, we are waiting to hear what's next. Luckily we have some people staying in our place while we are gone which helps with rent so I had to go above and beyond with my house cleaning before we left.
So I'm sitting here with a sore bum and really sore calf muscle. A spotless house, bags all packed and kids that are stir crazy.
The most horrible day.
19 hours ago

4 comments:
Yay! I'm so happy you're coming! Please carve out some time in your schedule for me!
Hurrrrrry...
katrina, of course!!!
can i have some courtney time too? email me, when you get a chance. i'm often down in springville at my in laws.
that bike story was hilarious! i l.o.l.ed!
Post a Comment