Monday, October 27, 2008

countdown is on

I am now 39 weeks and 3 days. Not much is happening. Last Thursday at my appointment I was dilated to 3 cm and 60% effaced. But she told me that it doesn't really mean anything since it's not my first pregnancy. Obviously, 4 days later I'm still pregnant. I'm not in a hurry to have the baby, I just don't want to be in the hospital on Halloween. Ryan said it looks like I've "dropped" but I haven't noticed. She is just comfy and cozy and is no hurry to come meet us.

I have a saint of a friend. On Friday, a group of us from church took our kids to the Bean Museum at BYU and she offered to watch my kids so I could get my cleaning done in one day. It was sooo wonderful, and the fact that I knew I was "on the clock", I worked faster and got more done.

6 comments:

Denny 101 said...

hey Court! its your little cousin Sarah, you have to let me know when she comes. if you need a break or a babysitter call me cuz me and Nate would be happy to take them from you! love ya and hope all goes well! Sarah Denny
www.denny101.blogspot.com

-Sydney- said...

So, whatcha gonna be for Halloween?

courtneyb said...

the usual, a pregnant nun.

Gingerlylizzy said...

So excited for you... can't wait to hear how your "natural" birth goes!!! I would send labor vibes your way but I sure as heck don't have any luck with those! LOL

Katrina said...

Come on, little babe! Do you usually go to 40 weeks?

Stacy said...

I have decided that since you really don't want to have a Halloween baby that she will decide to come on Halloween. I hope I don't jinx you. I can't wait to meet her! Come out...Come out...Come out!!!!