a post from Cloe's blog today:
My chicks
Just a few minuets ago, Charlotte killed both of my sweet sweet baby chicks! There names where pip and lady. I had to throw them away and I couldn't bare hearing the crash they made hitting the bottom of the trash can. I'm so sad, I'm crying right now! Luckily, my mom said that tomorrow we will get maybe 3 chicks but of course, we will get more chicks.
She posted this shortly after the incident and I think it's cute that she felt the need to write down her feelings.
Here are some pictures from their short life, rest in peace little chickies, for tomorrow you will be replaced. (and carried away in the garbage truck because it is trash day)
Charlie and I bought them at IFA on Thursday and I'm surprised they weren't loved to death before today. They were held constantly and also pooped constantly. Charlotte went downstairs and tried to carry both chicks at the same time and one of them is (was) pretty active and I'm assuming it tried to climb out of her hand and she ended up squeezing them to death. Her shirt had tons of poop on it and their necks were limp in her hands. I about puked. blech. Brody was instantly crying hysterically and CLoe wasn't too phased. I wasn't thinking at the moment so I told Cloe to go throw them away. She first went for the kitchen trash and I told her no, outside. Of course she came back in, in tears. "I gave them one last kiss and then I could hear them thud at the bottom of the trash and it made me so sad". I felt like such a mean mom for making her do that. It build character. And tomorrow they will be replaced and soon forgotten.
Friday favorites!
15 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment