Oh how I love Fall. It's beautiful colors and perfect temperatures and those lovely smells. I love hiking in the Fall, running, biking and just being outside to savor it before the dreaded cold of winter comes along. On Saturday the 1st, Ryan and I went to a wedding in the Provo Canyon with a beautiful Fall backdrop, it was gorgeous.
Then on Sunday the 2nd we went for a family hike on my favorite trail to run. It was amazing.my kids usually collect rocks but this time it was leaves. handfuls and handfuls of leaves. I prefer the leaves.
but then on the 5th, something awful started to happen. Actually it wasn't quite awful yet, it was Fall-ish. The dark clouds moved in at it was cold and rainy. But that always makes the colors more vibrant. It was Thursday.
It very slowly started to snow! And then heavily. Our roof and yard was COVERED in a blanket of snow that lasted until Friday evening. It was depressing. I have to gradually ease my way into winter, Fall helps prepare me for that, I just wasn't ready.
But now, the snow is melting and I can still see tons of Fall colors and plenty of green, which means those trees still need to change, up on the mountains. "can I do my mean face with the pumpkins?" Those are some beauties from the garden.
Fall just might come back, I am so happy.
The most horrible day.
20 hours ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment