I had an awesome garden this year. I think I owe that to adequate sunlight and chicken poop. It makes me so happy when I go out to the garden to pick stuff for dinner, next year I will grow more onions. Maybe even a box of just onions and garlic. Here are just a few of my highlights
I couldn't believe how many tomato's I had. They are all roma's except for the few on top.
I made 16 bottles of salsa with my tomato's, onions and jalepenos and the rest came from the store of course. I even had half a bucket left over that I ended up giving to my neighbor because my back spazed out on me the next day and I couldn't stand up long enough to can. darn, cause I really wanted to do some plain tomato's.
A popular dish from the garden, bruschetta.
There was no way I would use all this basil before it got too cold so
I dehydrated it and made some look a like mary jane. I love knowing this is from my garden. It is very fulfilling to grow a garden and make it stretch so far.
and I can't forget my favorite crop, pumpkins. I like to grow my squash outside of the garden because it takes up so much room. I front of our house their is an "island" that was planted with flowers. They never grew back in the Spring so it ended up being a big black cloth so I planted my zucchini, spaghetti squash and pumpkins here. We have another pumpkin plant in the backyard so we ended up with 6 pumpkins. Hopefully next year I can be successful in growing mini pumpkins....
I am sad that gardening season is over, I hope to still have some herbs growing in my kitchen.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

2 comments:
That is awesome!
It's kind of like you're a farmer. Farmer Brown. I'm jealous, my garden was pretty much crap this year. My cucumbers and zucchini cross-pollinated, so I got mutant zucumbers that were not delicious.
Post a Comment