Sunday, December 18, 2011

I can't help myself

A neighbor was doing a school fundraiser selling family portraits that would be taken by a professional photographer that she babysat for. It was cheap and we needed a family picture for Christmas cards. Well we showed up and she had a small camera, not a point and shoot but not what a professional photographer would use. Proof that just because you are a stay at home mom that likes to take pictures doesn't mean you can start a photography business. So Ryan thought he would be nice and offer her to use his camera which was about triple the size, maybe quadruple and he taught her what an ISO was. Here is our family picture.

I have wanted an apple orchard picture for quite a while now, she didn't quite capture what I had in mind. Are we standing in a forest of dead trees? Is that Ryan's lens bag in the bottom of the photo? But at least I could help my neighbor raise some funds for choir :)

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Whaaaa???? The lens bag is cracking me up. And, I can almost make out the slits for eyes in your glowing faces...

This is very sad.

Teresa said...

oh wow...well, at least, from what I can tell, your family looks cute! The dead trees add a nice wintry touch :)

courtneyb said...

Teresa, I thought someone like you might enjoy this family photo session.

Teresa said...

;c)