Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Today marks a little milestone

We arrived to Italy on the 1st of January so today is officially a month that we have been here. Like I've said, we are doing well and enjoy living here. Although when I talk to you, I get reminded of little things that we did together back in the states and it makes me homesick for about 10 minutes. We have our little stack of scratch paper that has notes of Italian phrases that either the missionaries or the Kids teacher tells us. The one I use most often is "Me dees piachay ma nonu parlo italiano moto bene" That is not at all spelled correctly, but I have to write it the way it sounds so that I can make sure I pronounce it correctly. "I'm sorry but I don't speak Italian very well." Today after dropping the kids off at school I went to scope out a couple gyms. I miss lifting weights! Besides being over priced and ridiculously small quarters for working out (we are so spoiled in America!!!) I was able to communicate in Italian with the people at the front desk. You know, all the important questions, Does it have a daycare, NO. The nice thing, no pushy sales people. It has been cold lately and I'm anxious for it to warm up so we can start taking little weekend trips to surrounding Tuscon cities. We're just doing our thing, and we would love some visitors, so let us know when you want us to pencil you in. ciao!

0 comments: