Friday, February 2, 2007

One of those rare weeks when you love your children

view from our bedroom at dusk



JUST KIDDING about the rare part. Last week the kids were all sick one after another with colds and fevers and it was freezing cold outside. This week it has gradually warmed up to where today I wore short sleeves with a goose down vest. Since I'm already used to the stares because I have 3 children, the looks I got for having short sleeves on didn't bother me too bad. A lady that lives by us actually asked me if I was from the North Pole. what? Anyways, so as it got warmer, the kids also started to feel better and after dealing with sick kids you appreciate their health so much more and their personality. They have been so sweet and Abbey says the funniest things. Italy has the lowest birth rate ( no that is not an official statistic) so we have an enormous family to their standards and the last couple days I've had quite a few older people tell me "bravo" because I have 3 children. So that made me feel good, I don't know about you but I can feel pretty inadequate at times. But in a nutshell, We had a good week and the kids were a lot of fun.

Earlier this week Cloe was asking for dessert nonstop. Where does she get that from? So all we had was a couple chocolate bars and strawberries and mom tried to be creative. Good thing we weren't going for appearance, but they sure tasted good. "Oh, did you kids want one? You should of said something."


2 comments:

Holly said...

nice job! sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures in a foreign country!

i can't believe you've been gone for a month already!

by the way, the cookies are about 3 points a piece, depending on how big you make 'em. the dough doesn't have any point value though. :)

Gingerlylizzy said...

I totally feel you on the inadequate thing! And that last quip about the strawberry's totally crack me up! You are such a cool person - I am sorry I took you for granted while you were here...