


As I mentioned before, Valentine's happens to be one of my favorite times of year. And this year was no exception. This morning we had heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and then the kids took their valentine cards to school. They did other festivities at school while I ran around the city like a chicken with my head cut off looking for some damn graham crackers. I was told to go to the American store by San Lorenzo market. (It is a huge outdoor market mainly for tourists and I have only been there twice) So I had to first remember how to get there and then try to find the tiny little street that the store was on. Failed. So then I tried to remember the other tiny little street that the more expensive International store was on by the Duomo. Found it but they did not have graham crackers but the English lady told me to use Digestivia crackers. Yeah, I thought the same thing. And luckily they had plain Greek yogurt (by the way I'm trying to find ingredients to make cheesecake in a city that doesn't sale sour cream). So ingredients in hand, I headed home. Got dinner prepped and put the cheesecake in the oven. Anywho, the kids came home and we made place mats and decorated the table. This is where the horn beepin' comes. Just a side note, I've been told that Florence is known for their steak. So for dinner we had steak with a mushroom, bacon cream sauce, Ryan's infamous mashed potato's and for dessert, cheesecake. So yummy. It's hard to follow a recipe that says to beat on low or medium when all I've got is a whisk and I'm mixin by hand and the oven temperatures are in Celsius. But let me tell you, this dinner was the bomb ditty bomb bomb. So we all had a good day and felt the love.


1 comments:
way cute court. sounds like u had an amazing valentine's day! i worked both my jobs. one of my friends brought me flowers at work..totally made my day. miss u!!!
Post a Comment