Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Another Kodak Moment...

when I don't have my camera, but just might re stage it so I can get a picture! Today we went looking for a certain store and ended up just taking a walk. We stopped at the Cartoleria and I bought the kids a cheap little bottle of bubbles and Brody a can of "kids spray". For Carnivale, it is acceptable to throw confetti all over the place and spray silly string/"kids spray" and Brody has been asking for the spray ever since carnivale began. It's over now but the store had some foam spray on clearance, whatever, I'll take it to finally shut the kid up. We went to a park across the street and he sprayed it and his reaction was so funny. Sometimes he gets this voice when he's excited like a "totally awesome dude" kinda voice, and he said "o o o oh! that's cool!!" He sprayed everywhere including the side of my head and the side of Abbey's face just barely missing her eye, but it was so funny all I could do was laugh. Then I notice little Abbey in the background blowing bubbles all over the place. This is exciting cause last summer the kid could not blow a bubble if her life depended on it. So after about 3 minutes the spray was gone and we walked to the market, all the way there Abbey was blowing bubbles. She didn't even notice the road block she was creating on the sidewalk, just zig-zagging all over, blowing bubbles. And occasionally she would realize that there were other people around and would look up at them and say "ciao!" It was so cute, she was just on cloud 9 because she had figured out how to blow bubbles by herself.

7 comments:

Brooke said...

that's sooo cute! are your kids sort of just picking up on the language naturally? that's amazing!

Gingerlylizzy said...

That is so stinkin cute! And uh yeah... I am thinking that you need to send me that chocolate chip cookie recipe, I promise not to give it out to ANYONE ELSE. and I will trade you for one of my secret ones??? Hee hee...

courtneyb said...

sort of. I think they know more than they make known. They learn at school but don't quite grasp the concept that in order for Italians to understand them, they need to speak Italian. Brody is always asking me how to say words in Italian and I feel so stupid that I'm his mom and I can't tell him. Thank goodness for my italian dictionary.

courtneyb said...

Liz- it is not at all a secret, I will e-mail it to you and include all the TLC touches. I amaze myself with how awesome I am, the cookies are the bomb and the vanilla and brown sugar I find here are not. They aren't as sweet. But with a couple trail and error batches (only 2) I pulled it off. damn I'm awesome. and vain.

weller14 said...

i could totally picture all of this happening. way cute.

Katrina said...

Very cute! I can imagine Brody with the silly string- what a ball!

Shauna Brown said...

COURTNEY!!!! I am dying right now!! I can't believe you are in Florence- how amazing is that. I love the world of blogging! Your kids are so dang cute and excuse me Mother of 3. Now that is wild. Little Abbey looks so much like a Young.

How are you? You seem like such a wonderful mother and wife. Where is Ryan going to school? How long will you be in Florence for? We would love to come see you when we are in Spain. We haven't made all the plans yet. What do you think, should we take the train? How much do you think it is? I could go on and on, but I'll stop! Let me know what you think and I am so excited to read your happenings in Italy! You know, my Dad served his mission in Rome. He could help your kids out with Italian!