Saturday, February 24, 2007

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

That is what I wanted to chant tonight at our church party. Just a little background, my best friends mom, Betty Campbell used to and probably still does make the best chocolate chip cookies and when I got married part of my gift was the recipe. Ryan and I have been making them for years and we love them. We actually forgot to bring the recipe when we moved but no problem, Ryan had it memorized. Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of the way Italians do dessert, it's more like bread with powdered sugar on it or bread deep fried. Tonight at our party there was a little contest for the carnivale desserts. I don't know how to make them and don't care too much for them so I went for some old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. Who won the blue ribbon at the state fair? what up what up! I brought it home with the cookies. I won salt and pepper shakers that are Scottie dogs. I thought it would be funny to chant USA but they don't seem to quite understand our humor, Ryan attempted to make a joke at our last church party and we found out the building had a cricket problem.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

first of all you are not a stalker-- i look at your blog all the time!!! usually filled with jealousy that you're living in italy. (that seems like some sort of dream that you want to do but never get to.)

and you are so funny! i love this u-s-a one... very sort of simpsons-y to me. and i loved that picture of your kids swinging a while back. see? I really do look at it all the time. now i will start to leave comments!!!

ps- i also love the african spa stuff from body shop. every time i use it, i always remember how you said you use it on your son. now how's that for stalkerish??? ;)

Teresa said...

That reminds me of when I was in Paris on a boat tour. They had the tour in several different languages, but not Italian. So, the Italians behind us started to chant "Italiano! Italiano! Italiano!" So, maybe it wouldn't have been too weird...