The 20th was Abbey's birthday and she's always thrilled to wake up on her b-day because she has seen what Cloe did 2 days before, open presents. I have found that singing "happy birthday to you" in your sleeping child's ear, wakes them up in no time.
I took her to her playgroup because they were having a party for her and then we went to Cloe's school.
birthday princess eating her snack
decorating her cake
making a wish
sitting pretty
Wednesday is the day for celebrating birthdays at Cloe's school. We took in some cake and juice and all the kids sang to Cloe and Abbey. She felt pretty special being sung to at the big kids school and loved feeling like she was at school with Cloe and Brody.this is their lunch room and all the kids.
That evening she requested hot dogs and french fries for dinner, easy enough. I went to the international store to buy cake mix and spent 5 euros! Yes, I have a recipe to make cake from scratch but didn't have the time with all the celebrations. When I asked her what type of cake she wanted, her response was "a dark blue one!" That is her favorite color, dark blue. We sang to her again, and she finally got to open her presents.
her favorite present, "frankie". She is such an animal lover and loves anything that is a dog or cat.
Then I put my baby to sleep.
Friday favorites!
15 hours ago

12 comments:
Ahhh, so cute. I love the pic of her with the big kids at school. So cute.
I can't believe she is three already!
Happy Birthday Cutie!!
Happy Birthday to the cutest three year old!
Courtney, This is Julie (Carlin) Bigler. I hope you don't mind that I am posting on your Blog. I saw your link on Mitch Manley's, and I couldn't help but check it out and say hi. Your family is so darn cute! And all you kids look so much like you, especially the oldest. It is great to see that you guys are doing well, especially in Italy. How exciting. If you get a chance, check out our blog. I would love to hear from you.
You can tell she's so proud of herself in the pic where she's kicking back with the big kids at school. So did you make her a dark blue cake?
It seems the general rule is when the baby turns 3 everyone and their mom gets to then ask if you are pregnant all the time. I didn't hold out very long. And now eyes are ALL ON YOU! (insert maniacal laugh here)
Julie- so glad you found my blog! I'll be checking yours shortly :)
Syd- the only food dye I didn't have was blue! I was going to try to make it blue, maybe another time?
Melinda- it's actually quite the opposite right now, I've lost 8 lbs and want to keep the momentum going :) maybe next 2 months???
So are you loving it or hating it that your baby is 3? It is killing me that Sydney is 3 in April. I do love that I have no diapers though!!
3??? I can't believe it!! The older we get the faster it goes!! Great job on the 8 lbs!!
oh happy birthday. i am so excited to celebrate when you guys get home. love ya
That is crazy. I still remember when she was just a baby!
Post a Comment