Saturday, August 29, 2009

back to school

It took me a while to get excited about school starting. We were having a fun summer, I was enjoying the slow mornings and it meant that we were that much closer to winter. But about the last week or so of summer, I was running out of fun ideas and Brody was getting bored which is a nice way of saying, he was a handful and a half. I then becmae ready for school to start.

This year, Brody is in 1st grade and Cloe in 2nd. They were super excited to go to school but now Brody says he doesn't like it. Why? Because it's longer than he thought it would be. But he thinks it's great that they give him free lunch. He gets in line, tells them his name, they put it in the computer and he gets a school lunch. He doesn't understand that they are billing mom $2 a lunch!






Abbey is going to preschool at Mrs. Susan's again.


5 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

$2 a lunch...our district charges $1.60. I will be paying for two lunches next year. Enjoy having two kids in school all day.

-Sydney- said...

Are Brody and Cloe wearing uniforms, or did everyone just dress in plain colors the first day?

I've been packing George a lunch, but he told me today the cooks at school are better than me at cooking and he should start eating hot lunch.

courtneyb said...

yes, they wear uniforms.
I'm sure the schools are better tasting, but mine are healthier, don't they get that??

Anonymous said...

They look so grown up, sooooo cute.
Love Mother
I enjoyed going shopping with you today.

Stacy said...

They are so cute, and getting so big. I can't believe how time flies.