Saturday, December 19, 2009

the foolish man built his house with frosting

building gingerbread houses, fun tradition right? Not this year my friends, I was so irritated. Okay, a bit of exhaustion (it's saturday and I always stay up too late on Friday night) and frustration, I was more pissed than irritated. I looked up the recipe for Royal frosting and I thought it would also be fun to make a house out of rice crispy treat. The frosting never really hardened and I didn't spray the baking pan with Pam so the walls of crispy treat were stuck. (I had to bake them to harden them up) After Brodys house crumbled I ran to wal mart and bought a kit for $7. The roof keeps sliding off. Maybe my house is too humid. This is not the year. No Christmas miracles on ginger lane.



Abbey was upset that Brody got a real house and hers was now a garage because the pitched roof kept falling.

3 comments:

AllMyKs said...

Glue Gun for next year dear friend! Works so well, and then you put your icing right over the top. Love the glue gun!
PS-Send me your email address so I can send you my home address please!

Katrina said...

You get an A for effort. I was in charge of the gingerbread house last year- the thing kept falling apart and I was fully bitter. I finally told the kids just to eat it, because I was not going to hold the friggin roof on any longer.

So we bought the same $7 kit last night, and tonight is the night. It will be a daddy project. YAAAAYYY!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I hate those projects...I get so irritated too. I like the glue gun tip. I will have to remember that.