I know blogs have a reputation of making your life seem like gum drops and rainbows but I THINK I do a fair job of not doing that on mine but unfortunately this post is but that's because life really is gum drops and rainbows for me. I've just been thinking lately about how great my kids are. I used to get frustrated when the kids were younger because the first three are so close in age and it was tough. I was young and worked, went to school and then also lived in Italy, but as I've gotten older and wiser I've learned to just go with the flow. I've learned to accept curve balls even if it interferes with my schedule. Through prayer, I'm learning how to better relate with each kid individually because they are very different and believe it or not, have different needs......okay, I can't make my voice change and fluctuate when I'm typing. I've figured out that my day is better when I put them as a priority from snuggling to being outside with them. The dishes can wait (somedays, too long) and I'm okay with that, just don't expect me to invite you in if my house is a mess :) Family is a part of my testimony. Heavenly father knew how important family would be and how we must respect each member and their importance. Media affects our views on so many things, it seems to either down play or even over play so many things. My family is far from a "model" family and I'm sure some, usually moms, feel inadequate about their family because they don't feel that their family is this or that because another family is...on the surface at least. That is just another way for Satan to tear us down and tear apart the family and it's sacredness. I'm guilty of feeling that way when my kids were younger. My kids bring joy to my life and I love spending time with them. They are hilarious. And my hot husband, he's the bomb. He cracks me up and has motivated me to be better and want to achieve more. We've come a long way from our student days and as stressful as it can be at times, I enjoy the adventure of a self employed artist and am anxious for what he has in store for his future. So many ideas. I am blessed to have these fabulous five in my life, AND they love me. Even though Brody is starting to get embarrassed to kiss me! At the Dr office, I asked him for a kiss and he said no because he was worried the doctor would walk in! He did give me one, but it was quick.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

3 comments:
that was really cute- it is hard to not look at other families and and think about how much of a better job they are doing at this or that- but your right about not letting it bother you- no one has a "perfect life" and your kids are the best. but brodys in for it now- big kiss from me in walmart
Good post, Courtney. I loved it.
I loved this post as well. I needed to hear some of that... Thanks :)
Post a Comment