Friday, March 5, 2010

move over cake Boss


Holy crap, Cloe gets baptized tomorrow!! I am so excited, I've loved all the preparations and the build up but I am nervous about everything going smoothly.
Ryan and I made this cake. I guess since we cut away at the cake we ended up with crumbs all up in the frosting. tacky. But it still tastes good and I like how it turned out.

9 comments:

Kristy said...

My R2 cake had tons of crumbs in the frosting too. So hard not to.

AllMyKs said...

Looks like you made the perfect CTR green! Has Cloe seen it? She's going to love it!

corine said...

way cute- good job. im excited to take a big bite out of it.

Katrina said...

Congratulations, Cloe!

And, awesome cake, you over-achiever all-stars, you.

Teresa said...

That cake is so awesome! Brian is excited to make it for Sabrina in another 2 yrs!! Have a very good day today!

Rachel@ A Little Bit of Ray said...

That cake is great! my mom's best friend in MO was a cake decorator and I learned this tip from her. After shaping your cake do a thin layer of frosting and let it set. After 2 hours do your thicker top layer of frosting or fondant and you won't get the crumbs.

Holly said...

If you hadn't said anything about the crumbs, I wouldn't have noticed. But now...way to screw it up!

I'm assuming that you know I'm joking though since I am the queen of screwed up cakes. Remember the barbie cake disaster of 2006?

Stacy said...

It was such a cute cake, and very tastey! Ry did a great job at the baptism, and Cloe looked so beautiful!

Jenn Mobbs said...

I love it! You did a great job & I would have thought the crumbs were planned had you not mentioned them.