Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween started out all fun and halloweenish. We lit our pumpkins, took a picture, more than just A picture and then




this was the last picture we took because right as we got to our first trunk, the storm began. Hail, think non stop hail. And the wind. I was soaked by the time I got to the car and I was cracking up. Everyone was freaking out and I was seriously drenched, it was hilarious.

We went home and took the kids to our clubhouse and went swimming. The hot tub was perfect. We were the only ones there which will never happen again on a Saturday night. We swam until the rain stopped. The kids still wanted to trick-or-treat so they bundled up in whatever because their costumes were soaked and we went to a few of our friends houses. We decided to just go home pop some popcorn and watch Karate Kid 2. I like the idea of very minimal halloween candy.

Sunday, real Halloween, we did a little Halloween dinner.

I pretended to be a witch, all I had was a hat, but the kids still thought it was fun and we ate worms with maggot sauce in a pumpkin (pasta), werewolf claws (pumpkin seeds) and reptile skin (sauteed zucchini). I didn't pre plan it but I threw it together pretty well.

0 comments: