Maybe i should stop blogging about my feelings and struggles. I always feel like I am complaining. I know you all prefer posts about what fun the kids and I are having.
um, every Christmas present I have bought (which isn't that many, we are keeping it simple) has been with a coupon plus a sale. I love it.

7 comments:
Titless? Like, without tit? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love ya, Sister.
hahahah, I didn't even notice that! LOL!
I love that you shared your fear and frustration of this new life for you and your family. I hope that you continue to share more about Charlie and the whole process.
Please don't stop writing! Nice job on the Christmas shopping...you can't beat on sale plus a coupon!
Hey Courtney -
Chica. If you want someone who can empathize, BOTH of my kids have eating issues. (Zack was allergic to dairy, eggs, and peanuts for a year. Sam is currently allergic to pineapple, tree nuts, carrots and probably has oral allergy syndrome and/or this weird thing called EE for short. He reacts to pretty much all food at random times.)
It is 100% frustrating and overwhelming. I remember being so mad that certain people in my life didn't think the adjustments I had to make were a big deal or anything to lose sleep over. It was a source of constant stress at first, but we figured it out in the end. It sucks. You have to let go of all those preconceptions of the future.
My 11 year old niece has diabetes, and has been dealing with it for about 6 years now. It's a lot of work for the parents for sure. I see her parents working out carbs before every meal, etc. Have you seen those cool apps you can put on your phone? They will calculate carbs for you!
Good luck, Courtney! I know how hard it is to deal with the fact that you just can't hand your child any old thing to eat. It's awful... but one way or another we all eventually learn to live with these eating issues because we don't really have a choice.
Good luck over the next weeks. The beginning of our eating adjustments were the most difficult. If you want to commiserate, email me. We should get together anyway, fellow utahn... :) (marciromneygmailcom)
~Marci
I just went through your blog-I hardly every look, but I should more-because you take fabulous pictures. The ones of Charlotte in the hospital break my heart, but she is so beautiful in all of them. Such a sweet little girl. Also, I love your Palmyra pics. I am jealous!
Oh my gosh, please don't stop writing those kinds of posts, they are real and you are not a complainer. I like the cute ones of your kids too. I'll take both, please. xo
Post a Comment