Entering the park at 8 am when everyone else has to wait until 10 am. Fabulous idea! Thanks Walt, I know your smiling down on us. We went on 6 rides in 2 hours! And you better believe that included the carousel cause there is no way in hell we were going to wait in a line to ride a carousel. Remember, we're the type of parents that laugh when our kids are scared on Snow White.
The kids leaving the hotel at the butt crack of dawn for our continental breakfast and then off to the park. Brody was Captain Hook, Cloe, Snow White and Abbey was Bell.
and into the park, look how empty the place is!
The Carousel. I was the embarrassing mom that sings off key (mainly because I'm laughing at myself) and loud to the songs playing on the carousel. But also because the park was empty! Did I mention we got to enter 2 hours early?
Ryan loved the tea cups because he loved to spin it as fast as possible and watch the kids faces. Again, great parenting.
Gotta do Small World, which was a nice break from the dark scary rides. At first the kids kept waiting for it to get dark and scary until we reassured them that this was a fun not scary ride.
One of the early morning rides that we rode a couple times was the rocket ships. On this particular round, Cloe and Abbey fought the entire time over who controlled the lever. I'm describing the ride in a nut shell with my actions.
and of course we had to take turns riding with mom or dad. After lubing Ryan up, he slipped right into the ride with 2 kids.
Pirates
Abbey kept her arms up for the unexpected drops. It has a different effect when the pirates are speaking French. As does the Haunted Mansion. The elevator isn't as scary when you can't understand that "there are no doors and no windows!"
The kids waiting for the "once upon a dream" parade to start
Brody's favorite float!
But my absolute favorite ride was Big Thunder Mtn. The ride is on a little "island" so to get there you go under the water and it's pitch dark and super fast. But I loved it because of Brody's reaction. He kept his arms up the whole ride and was cracking up and yelling "yeah! this is awesome!" It's one of those moments as a parent that makes parenting great!
I have to give ole' Walt props on his design of EuroDisney. Was he even alive when it was created? The roller coasters here are awesome. They all loop. It's been a long time since I have been on an upside down roller coaster. STILL, more to come ;)
Friday favorites!
15 hours ago

8 comments:
Courtney, it sounds like you guys had a blast! You are so brave traveling accross Europe with the fam! If you live there you better see it all, right? Its fun to read up on your fam, beautiful as always!
Behka
I am SOOO jealous!!!!!
By the way, it is "no windows and no doors"!!!! (Ya, Im obsessed!!)
How fun!!! I laughed so hard looking at some of your pictures, what a great time. The children look so cute in there customs.
Love Mother
i was snow white too!!!
Cara- I thought of you often, no joke. I was already aware of your obsession.
I didn't realize that Euro Disney was actually as cool as the real Disneyland. Pirates always has and always will be my favorite ride.
okay, now i can't post my disney-- we're SOOOOOO lazy disney it's not even funny.
like, getting to the park at 11, eating lunch, walking around... oh wait what? there's rides?
oh my gosh! I didn't know you guys were going there! HOW FUN! I can't wait to take my kids to Dland. I love the one of you shooting yourself in the head b/c i hate spinning rides too!
Post a Comment