Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the 4th




We had the usual 4th of July celebration. BBQ with family and then entertain the kids with fireworks. We went to Ryan's uncle's house in Provo and waited and waited for the Stadium of Fire show to begin. Right as the show began, Brody fell and broke his clavicle! Poor kid was in so much pain but I couldn't stop thinking of having to go to the ER without insurance. We took him in and sure enough it's broken. He broke the other side about 2 years ago. He was tough and the Dr said he was trying to avoid doing X-rays, to save us money but because he wasn't acting like he was in too much pain, he couldn't quite tell if it was broken or if his shoulder was just out.

But I do love the 4th of July and it's meaning. It's one of my favorite holidays and I'm so happy to be in America this year for it. I love this country and respect all servicemen who serve our country.

7 comments:

Katrina said...

Oh poor Brody! Did he really "fall" Courtney? (wink wink nudge nudge)
Hope it gets better soon!

Melinda B. said...

Nothing like the ER to spice up your life! Hope Brody isn't in too much pain now. Though, I can't imagine anything slowing him down.

Janice said...

Oh poor guy! Kids are so resillient though, they recover so quickly! Glad you could spend the 4th back in the USA! Hope Brody is feeling better!

weller14 said...

that sucks about brody. i am sure u are missing socialized medicine! viva italia!

weller14 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Anderson said...

Poor Brody!! Stupid health care system in the US. Hopefully you didn't have to pay too much!
So how was it that Brody broke his clavical before?? I can't remember what you told me (he he)!!

Jenn Mobbs said...

I guess I should have read a little more. I second that question, Did he really fal1:) We spent the 4th of July in the Provo hospital 3 years ago (Aaron's Dad has a pacemaker put in) and the ER was full of firework mishaps. Glad it was just a broken collar bone.