Thursday, July 17, 2008

blog books and swingin solo

I got my blog book yesterday that I made on blurb.com and it is so cool. I love it, I will never scrapbook again. They are inexpensive and really nice. This particular book, documents our time in Italy and it's fun to look back on. Now it seems so weird to think we were there.


Ryan left yesterday to New York for 5 weeks! He's doing that painting course again this summer up in Hunter, NY. He is already very missed! Speaking of missing, he will miss out on moving back into our house. Poor guy, no heavy lifting for those fragile artist hands. I'm predicting some complaining posts in the near future about missing my husband.

I need some advice. Do you have a Dr. you recommend? I had an awesome one for all 3 kids that no longer delivers babies. I've been to 2 now and have not been happy. I'm hoping for some recommendations or I just may have to go against my husbands wishes and go with nurse midwives.

11 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

I used Nurse Midwives with Sam. Cory was skeptical too, but they are very well trained and tend to be a lot more compassionate. My midwife was with me during most of my labor. She was GREAT! Also, if you are going alnatural midwives are great with that. I think if you deliver in a hospital with a midwife you will be fine. The only reason you need an OBGYN is for a c-section. Otherwise, midwives are just as qualified. Bottom line...you're the one pushing that baby out of your body, not Ryan. I think you should choose who delivers your baby.

Tigerlily said...

I like Dr. Wolsey. He is older, down to earth and really was awesome! He is kind, smart and really cares about you. My last pregnancy was high risk so....he really took the time to make sure I was okay.

Katrina said...

I'd recommend my doc, but he's in PG and everyone I've recommended to him hates him. But I like him, so it makes me wonder what my problem is.

Good luck with the move- I bet it'll be nice to be back in your house.

Jenn Mobbs said...

The Doctor that delivered Alex was not so social when it came to monthly visits but when he delivered her he was AWESOME!! I went all natural (against the husband's wishes) and Dr. Warner was incredible! He was very supportive when I told him I wasn't using the drugs. He even coached me through the contractions & helped me with my breathing. However, I would have used a midwife at the hospital if our insurance would have covered it. I think they are great at what they do!! Good luck making the decision. Do you need any help moving?

Becky said...

Dr. Gourley is the best!! I think I already told you this and I hope he isn't one of the ones that you tried and hated. I've talked to other people who hate him, but they just don't understand his sense of humor. I love him!! If you don't find anyone, you can always come here and Rob will deliver your baby in our bathtub!!

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I've been on your blog. Congrats on being pregnant!! Your blog book looks awesome. I need to do that.

-Sydney- said...

What, Ryan is gone already? We get back to Utah next week.

Jessica said...

Wow, I really love that Blog book. I am definitely going to have to make mine into a book like that since I do NOT scrapbook! :)

Holly said...

why is ryan anti CNMs? does he know that they can do everything except an emergency c-section (and are generally more supportive of drug-free births). and if you do need a doctor, then you chose to birth in the hospital, not a birthing center.

good luck with the search.

Janice said...

Your blog book looks great! Thanks for posting the info on how to print it. I need to get mine done :)

behka said...

Is it so good to be home? Love the blog book too. We still need to get together!