Tuesday, April 7, 2009

is it the weather?

I feel like I have so many things to be excited about right now. I just got my seeds in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to get them started. I'm trying out the Heirloom seeds this year, I just have to remember to save seeds from my harvest so I can replant them next year. And I ordered more than I have room for. My mom was nice enough to take the pumpkin seeds for me because those would end up taking up our whole little plot. In front of our house is maintained by the HOA and i"m tempted to plant some things there but I worry about them being pulled out by the Gardner's. Not so much worried about food being stolen but being destroyed by the kids playing out front? yes.


I have my kids Easter Sunday outfits all figured out. So excited about that. I love buying outfits for my kids at Christmas time and Easter! I went to the store to buy Brody a button up church shirt and he wanted a suit.
"Mom, I need one of these (the jacket) and some black pants for it too. Like what you wear when you get married."
so I let him try on the jacket and of course he looked like such a cute little man.
me: "you like that?"
brody: "yes, now I look like a gentleman."
As cute and gentleman-like as he looked, I didn't buy it for him.


I'm pretty much just excited to be out doors. And to be tending to a little garden. I predict many more gardening posts to come. Hopefully there won't be one about the death of my garden. I don't have the best reputation for keeping plants alive.




And for an update on my step Dad, he has been transferred to SLC to the Huntsman Cancer Center/ U of U. They took him up there on Friday and he ended up needing another emergency surgery because of a hematoma, his 3rd! He hates being there and is feeling depressed. He was paralyzed again before the surgery but recovered back to where he was and still doing physical therapy. Did I tell you that it was cancer? It is stage 3 bone cancer. Tomorrow they meet with the doctors to make dessions about chemo and what not. I don't have all the facts right because my information is second hand but if he does chemo (which he doesn't want to do) he should be 100% by Christmas and then live 5-8 years. If he doesn't, I can't imagine him being able to ever leave the hospital because of the hematoma problem that is caused by the cancer. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

So sorry about your Dad! I am sure that is really hard to go through! Your in our thoughts and prayers! Good of you to look on the "bright" side of things and enjoy the good in life! We have been working in our backyard too. Tonight we finally started to do more than just move dirt (sand), it is so fun to see something coming together! Good luck with the garden.

Ashli said...

Happy about the good news and so sorry about the news of your Dad. That is so hard. Good luck with the garden. Dumb me what are heirloom seeds? I think I am going to plant pumpkins in my front flower bed :)

courtneyb said...

heirloom are seeds that you can replant each year. and they haven't been genetically altered.
I'm also thinking of planting some squash in the front so I can have more room in my garden. But I worry that the gardeners or kids will destroy them.

-Sydney- said...

Be sure to post pics of the kids in their outfits (I know you will, but just felt like saying that). We should do a seed swap next year. Thanks for the update on Gordon. . .let us know what he decides about chemo. That's a tough one.