Earlier this week the kids and I hiked up to the "Y". It was a first for all of us and I have to say, I don't see what the hype is about hiking up to the "Y". I thought it was an awful hike. No shade, steep switchbacks, more danger when you get to the actual Y because my kids wanted to sit on it and move from location to location and I couldn't help but envision them sliding down the entire Y to their death and the view is so mediocre. I enjoy hiking and I love being in the mountains, this hike is just disappointing. But, in defense of hard core Y fans, this hike MIGHT be more enjoyable done without the kids and either early in the morning or at sunset, not at 11:15 in the afternoon.




it was so hot and sweaty, these snow cones were delicious. hit the spot big time.
Then today we hiked to "the grotto" in Payson Canyon, I love this hike with the kids. Shady, beautiful, easy terrain and a rewarding wadding pool and water fall at the end. 

Since we were just down the road, I thought they might like to take a dip at Payson Lakes. I was so happy watching them swim and they were so happy swimming and playing, I could've sat their all day. We'll make a day out of it soon, such a beautiful place. 
The most horrible day.
20 hours ago

2 comments:
You are such a fun mom! I have always been curious about Payson lakes...I guess I need to go there some day, it looks beautiful!
Ha ha! I've been hiking the Y for my whole life, and it's never once occurred to me what a crappy hike it is... but you're totally right! We did it last summer and once we got up there we were so terrified of the kids falling down the mountain that we rushed back down, and they were bawling because they kept tripping and scraping their hands. I guess it's just one of those things that you have to do at least once in your life to say you did it.
Post a Comment