I decided not to do the Share a Smile triathlon this year but still wanted to sign my kids up. When I signed them up, I knew that if I went to watch my kids I would regret not doing it. Therefore, I signed up as well. But I didn't want the stress of feeling obligated to do certain workouts to train so I decided that since I was already biking and running, I would just keep doing what I was already doing because I wanted to and because I enjoyed it, not because I had to.
Ryan had a workshop at his studio all month so he wasn't able to come and help with the kids so then I considered not having the kids do it so that I could. But my mom and sister to the rescue, they photographed, helped with transitions and my mom hung out with them until I was done. They saved my butt!
I felt strong in the swim and swam with ease except I get a little anxiety when someone is behind me, regardless of how far back they are. The start is staggered so they start someone every 10 seconds which leaves plenty of space. Just something psychological that I need to get over. The swim was 400 yards (7:58), the bike was 12 miles and I rode so hard, I felt like I was going to puke (37:30). The run was 3.25 and it took me a while to kick it into gear (28:35 slow for me). The tri that I did in May, I didn't practice my transitions and my first one took me almost 5 minutes, this time I did practice and went over it mentally a few times. I know this sounds silly but when you look up the results you can see how you ranked in the swim, bike, run, overall and the transitions. Considering how long I took in the last tri, I was happy to see my first transition time was the fastest overall for the woman. I know it's silly, maybe you have to try it to understand ;) My total time was 1:17:06
seeing them stand at the edge of the pool made my heart proud.
watching them jump in and swim their heart out made my heart melt, I loved it.
transition
"yeah, we're tough"
SWIM (in the green cap)
BIKE
RUN
this is my buddy Lisa and all activities friend. She beat me by a minute, argh. just kidding. Did I mention that the medal around my neck is a 3rd place medal!? YES! I kind of set a goal/thought it would be cool to place in a race this season and I actually did it! That was pretty exciting.

Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

1 comments:
Good job! That's awesome. Do the kids have a shorter distance?
Post a Comment