Monday, August 15, 2011

small fruit does not go a long way



my neighbor has 2 apricot trees that they don't harvest so I asked if they wouldn't mind if I picked some. Of course it was fine, so my mom and I loaded up buckets of apricots. They were so delicious fresh off the tree and I had some grand ideas for these here apricots, minus canning, not in the mood yet for canning. I made fruit leather, dehydrated, freezer jam and then just froze the rest in baggies for later use. It seemed like they never ended but then I didn't end up with a lot of leather and dehydrated fruit considering the amount it required. At our new house we have a grape vine, cherry tree, pear tree and my neighbors apricot tree which is all a first for me, but I'm liking it :)

1 comments:

-Sydney- said...

mmmm. . .love fresh apricots!