Yesterday for my Aunt's last day in Florence we went into the center so that she could buy the last of her gifts. We left our house at 10:30 am and got home at about 3:45 pm. The kids did much better than I would ever expect with all the walking. Except we had one little meltdown at the beginning of the trek. My friend had a similar experience in wal-mart, but mine actually got caught on film. No need to use your imagination, except the pictures do not do justice for how crowded this street is with pedestrians. It connects some tourist sites so it is used often by tourists and lots of them. Abbey was very tolerant of all the stops we were making until one that was a little too long, she tried to get out of her stroller and I let her for a couple minutes. oops. Then when it was time to get back in, you'd think I said I was going to sell her to the gypsies. She did the limp, arms up slip out of my arms move and was successful. She laid on the ground and I picked her up while she was flailing everywhere and doing everything in her power to get out of my grip oh and screaming and wiping her snotty nose on my shirt. "Abbey do you want to get ice cream? you hungry? do you want some crackers? want some water? do you need a smack?" finally I held her and walked away from "the scene" and she calmed down. And everything was great after that.
the calm before the storm
sorry, cloe interfered with this shot but I hope you can still get the full affect :)
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

9 comments:
i can so picture the meltdown! i have had a few with my lil cousins. too funny. of course it had to happen in a crowded place!
ps...oh and i love that abbey has her backpack on while sitting in the stroller.
I am sooooo glad my kids NEVER do stuff like that. J/K I love your blog! I need to update mine soon, but I don't have any exciting news or pictures to post. Love ya!
Lovin the haircut Courtney! And about the tantrum thing... I totally feel your pain!
i'm laughing so hard right now at the whole "arm slip" thing... don't you love toddlers?
and wouldn't it be great to get to go shopping without them for once???
a tantrum in a public place? i've never had to experience that before with my angel three year old. never.
HA.
my sympathies.
I love the action shots! Who was the brilliant photographer?
katrina, at the moment of the tantrum I wouldn't call her a brilliant photographer, my mom. more like thoughts of "um, can you please help me!"
OH my gosh! I guess all kids do the arms straight up thing! LOL
how do they know to do that?!
Post a Comment