Sunday, April 1, 2007

The only people in the country paying a medical bill!

Yesterday the missionaries called Ryan and asked if he wanted to go play basketball. Of course Ryan accepted and the 6 of them headed over to large park with an outdoor court. Ryan recently bought some new shoes that will also double as running shoes so they aren't "real" basketball shoes. While going up for a little lay-up Ryan came down on the outside of his little toe and totally rolled his ankle. He was able to control his language in front of the missionaries but was in agonizing pain. We don't have visa's so we don't benefit from the socialized medicine. But we knew he HAD to go get it checked out. It is sprained and has has some over stretched tendons. It will heal on it's own but keep in mind he stands ALL day at school and stands when he paints. We haven't received the bill but I know it will be hefty, so we may now be the only people in Italy paying a medical bill.

Oh yeah, did you forget today was April Fool's day? Ryan's ankle's are perfectly healthy. I wanted to say I was pregnant but I thought it would be too obvious. So thank goodness we're all healthy. The only pain Ryan experienced from basketbell was some sore muscles on his weary 30-year-old body.

5 comments:

weller14 said...

u dork..i was about to get really mad at u for not having visa's. hahahaha. hope u are doing great!

Gingerlylizzy said...

I second the dork thing.

That garden looks amazing. I am hating you more and more everyday...

Brooke said...

everyone thought of clever april fool's posts but me!

Katrina said...

Good one. And yeah, I am too good for the blogging world, but I don't live in Eagle Mountain.

Lisa Michelle said...

Good one, Courtney - you had me fooled... and it's not even April 1st anymore!

ps - great recall on the old THCOUGS plates. :) I will confess to having shed a few tears when I had to give up those plates in Boston. A sad day.