Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home Sweet Home. Kind of.

When we moved to Italy we got rid of a ton of stuff. We didn't have a lot of storage room and we just figured "we'll buy a new one when we get home." Two of those items were dining room chairs. We were going to get rid of the whole set until my step dad told us to save it just in case. Which I"m glad I did because I didn't realize how expensive dining room sets are. So since we've been back in our house, we've had 2 dining chairs. Oh by the way, we have a family of 5, doesn't work. Ryan's mom was at the D.I. the other day and found us 3 chairs for a total of $20 ( i think) maybe it was less. Then she sanded them and touched up the paint. Well my point, all of a sudden, my kitchen just seems so much more cozy and homey. Maybe it's because now I had to clear off all the junk mail and kids homework from the table so that we could eat as a family. A clean kitchen is happiness for me.


Then I walk into the living room and I am greeted by Ryan's studio. He still hasn't found a new studio so in the mean time our living room is cluttered with a capital 'C'! The front right corner and the back of the room are brimming with art stuff. He needs to find one ASAP. Not only for my sanity but also because he is using the extra bedroom that will eventually be the baby room. Do you know anyone looking for a tenant??




When we moved we also got rid of pretty much all our baby stuff. Not because we thought we were done but because it had been through 3 kids. I can now check 2 things off my list because we got a car seat and stroller. I've never had a stroller like this so I'm excited. For some reason when Cloe was born, all I bought was a jogging stroller and that was my single stroller for all 3 kids. And I'm digging on the colors and the fabric. It seems easy to keep clean. And the handle on the stroller sold me because it is high which means comfy pushing for our tall Daddy. I'd have to say they thought of everything while designing this set.

8 comments:

corine said...

you have sold me on chicco car seats. i am excited to get one for my next baby. if you need to borrow anything let me know.

courtneyb said...

Corine, I meant to add that I have also now sold my little sis on the brand Chicco. Can't go wrong with Italian products.

Julie and Matt said...

Those pictures are exactly what my house looks like too! After I talked to you last, our home sold and we have been moving out this whole week. It has been a crazy month. Ya gotta love moving. I still really want to get together sometime. I will call you when we get all situated.

Tiffany Anderson said...

I love Chicco too. Way to go sticking with the Italian product. That's such a nice stroller set. I love the way your living room looks!

Teresa said...

I hear there is a nice looking...now level house for sale in your neighborhood. I bet you could get it for a really good deal:c) I hear you, I am so tired of living in clutter too!

Becky said...

Seeing all those pictures of your townhome made me homesick!! I miss hanging out with you!! Sorry you have to live in clutter right now, but hopefully you'll get it taken care of before the baby comes!!

Katrina said...

That stroller is so nice!

Stacy said...

I love the look of the car seat and stroller. Very nice. I hope Ryan is able to find a studio soon for your sanity. It would be hard having all that stuff right there in the living room. The kids must be so good not to touch any of it.