Friday, September 19, 2008

Sisterly Love

I made a very sweet observation today and wanted to make note of it.
Cloe is home sick today. Yesterday at my check up, I got a call from her school because she was throwing up. Not what I feel like dealing with in my 3rd trimester! But I figured it was better now than when the baby is here. We also all have colds and again, better now than with a newborn. Back to Cloe. So obviously I wasn't going to send her today and I told her that when I put her to bed. I woke up this morning without an alarm (fabulous way to start your day!!) and when I came down, only Brody was watching T.V. The girls were still sleeping but when they woke up, they started playing together in their room. And they were there all morning. Until I made them come down ( that reminds me, I do have something exciting to blog about!) From that point they had to get dressed because they were coming with me to take Brody to school. After dropping him off we went to the library for story time. Cloe was sitting on the floor and Abbey went back and forth from the chair by me, to sitting right next to her big sister. I took a picture in my mind of them sitting by each other and Abbey sticking by her big sisters side through the activities. Then after story time, I let them hang out in the library. They wanted to "play buying things", and they played happily together for another 30 minutes. After more errands we made it home and they went right back to playing in their room with their stuffed animals. I just thought it was the sweetest thing to see them hang out together for the day. It's not that they don't usually get along. Cloe is usually gone all day and when she comes home she wants to rest for a while and then she does her homework. Or they are playing outside with neighbor kids. I love that they get along so well and Cloe is patient enough to play with her little sister.

2 comments:

behka said...

Everyone needs a big sister, don't you think? So sweet!

-Sydney- said...

I am very jealous.