there are so many books I want to read right now and I find myself lying in bed at night anxious for a good book. If only I could remember to go pay my library fine. Or I'll just go to the kids school and check one out there again. Shoot that reminds me, my redbox movie is late AGAIN! Every time i rent one of those, I swear I will never rent one again for this reason. Apparently I forgot. I will write a note on my hand and put a post it on the door.
Have you ever started a book club? Is it pretty simple? Our church had one but has since kind of done away with it. Which is good because there were way too many restrictions but I did read a lot of good young Adult books that I would have normally never read. I'd like to start another one or at least join one that someone else starts.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

5 comments:
I think that sounds like a great idea. I never went to the other book club, but almost always read the book. Was a great way to find some books that I might not ever have read. Let me know if you start up a club.
Dang those people who make us have restrictions! HeeHeeHee! There were some good books though! Have you read "These Is My Words" or "The Book Thief". Good books!
I'm interested too if you start up a group!
If you like young adult try any Shannon Hale books (princess academy, goose girl, enna burning, etc) or try the percy jackson and the olympians (lightning thief, etc) or my current faves by suzanne collins, the hunger games and catching fire. Love them. Also, by dave barry and ridley pearson, peter and the starcatchers, peter and the shadowthieves and peter and the secret of rundoon. if you want more ideas let me know and I will bore you with them all!
It looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. I wish we lived closer so the kids could play together.
I haven't started a book club, but I heard it's really easy. The one in my neighborhood just got some ladies to sign up for it. They all send in about 3 suggestions for books for the year. They all look into what the books are about, then they meet and vote on what books they want to read for the year. Someone volunteers to host each month of the year. They have some finger food and discuss the book of the month.
Hey, we still want to continue with our group!! We just weren't sure how to get the word out. Now we just need to get all the ladies who read the books but never came to actually come!;)
Do you have a book you want to read?
Post a Comment