The other day I was reading one of those blogs where the author is super talented and I go there to look at her ideas, knowing I will never end up making anything, and her post had a link to another blog that was just the same. Anyways, after reading the new blogs "about me", with the usual "clever" SAHM, 3 fill in the blank kids, I enjoy fill in the blank, blank, blank and home schooling my kids.
I have NOTHING against home schooling but doesn't it seem like so many bloggers these days home school? Is it the new trend? Or have the numbers always been this high and I've just never had a way of finding them? Just wondering if I was the only one who seems to notice that home schooling and starting a photography business was the new SAHM/blogging trend?
*because you can read something using any tone you want, nothing in this post is said in a negative tone!!! nor sassy!!
**props to those that can home school their kids, I know it's something I could never do. 
On a completely unrelated note, I love the smell of her feet! She giggles when I smell them and tries to stick her toes in my nostrils.
Friday favorites!
14 hours ago

5 comments:
Home schooling has been on the rise in the last decade. It's become easier to do w/ the internet. There are a lot of online programs and it's easier to network w/ other families in your area so there's more support. There are a lot of parents who have had problems w/ their school districts. I've researched it b/c UT schools are not doing well at all.
I will never home school just because I need the break and Reanne would never in a million years accept me as her teacher. If I need to I will work with her at home and be an involved parent, but NEVER home school. :)
There are A LOT of people who home school their kids in our ward here. I too could NEVER home school. I do not have the patience for it...at all. But, there is only one other person who has a photography business in our ward :c) Utah is home of the do it yourselfers!!
dude, there's no way i would ever home school. if i did, my children wouldn't ever be eligible to graduate.
It's definitely on the rise but I'm with the ranks of those who REALLY enjoy a break from kids during the day. I'd pay for private school before I'd home-school them :)
Post a Comment