Saturday, May 8, 2010

a plethora of pictures

I hesitate to blog because of my picture a day blog. Would it be a bit of an overload? And then I have deep thinking, well deep thinking for me, type posts but never feel that I have the time to sit down and think and write my thoughts. Things have felt out of place lately. No, that isn't the best way to describe it, I guess I feel somewhat confused. I enjoy where we live, I enjoy my ward and the city is nice but it doesn't feel right anymore. I don't know where to go or what needs to change. I know I can pray for answers and direction but it's almost like I don't know where to start. My kids don't have real friends around here and I don't feel like I have a good friend, like the BFF type, you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, I have friends and I enjoy the company of my friends and my kids also have friends that they play with daily, but will we really look back when we move? But then I wonder, "maybe it's me, maybe I'm the problem." I always feel like such a whine baby when I post my thoughts, or a heartless B-I-T........



I am not looking forward to school getting out. How about you? I'm looking forward to summer weather but not the constant entertaining. Have any good FREE ideas planned, I could use some. I need to plan some things out and it's time to make a more detailed chore chart. I keep reminding myself that I made it through last summer, I can do it this year. Props to home schooling moms. I love my kids more than anything but once you've tasted that sweet nectar of an afternoon "mom time", it's hard to go back to no personal space.

Some pictures of my kids doing their thang.

Abbey was totally rocking out to a song and singing with her eyes closed, I was laughing and had to secretly snap a picture while I was driving.



I bought a share from a co-op today for the first time. So cool. This was what I got for $18, we had the corn for dinner tonight, very tasty and Charlotte and I have about finished off the tangerines.

Charlotte hurt her leg at the park, going down the slide with Cloe. She wouldn't stand on it so we let her sleep on it but it was till hurting her in the morning, so after we picked up our produce I took her to the instacare. X-rays didn't show anything, so if it still hurts her Monday, I'll take her to our Dr.


She saw this cute little girl in the mirror and they rambled and spoke gibberish back and forth. Whenever I tell Charlotte that I love her gibberish the kids ask me if it's a real language and if there is a country where people really speak gibberish.

a highlight in our home, right now. Ryan made a deal with Cloe and Brody that if they stopped sucking their thumb, we could get a Wii. Abbey wasn't involved in the deal because I don't think she's ready to stop, I find greater success when i wait for my kids to be ready with certain things like potty training. Of course we talk to her about it and encourage her not to do it but she's not ready yet.
Anyways, the kids beg to play all the time which gives me some room to barter with them. They step out of line, all I have to say is "you wanna lose 10 minutes of your Wii time?" and it works every time. I also find greater success in bribing my kids. Say what you will, you can't deny that it works. It's human nature to work harder if there is a desired reward at the end.

Abbey's preschool Mother's Day Program

and this was Charlotte when I got out of the shower. Clothes pulled out of the dirty clothes, Cloe's shirt pulled on like pants and relaxing.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

You're not a whiny baby, I'M a whiny baby. You need to move by me, and all your problems would be solved!! Would you like me to send you some real estate listings? :)

-Sydney- said...

How's Charlotte doing?

I feel the same way Courtney. Having a BFF really does make all the difference. It's difficult because I feel like my life experiences and worldview are so different from most the people around me (who were born and raised within 50 miles of here) that it's hard to relate. My ward is slim on young families and sometimes making the effort to make friends doesn't seem worth it. . .so I understand where you are coming from.

Stacy said...

I completely feel the same way. I love the ladies in my neighborhood and ward, but none of them are like BFF's. I would love to find at least one lady that would be like that. I just don't feel we are in the right place either, but there isn't much I can do to change that. It's hard. The younger two kids don't really have friends either. They play with kids while at school or church and that's it. I feel bad for them.

Anyways, I do completely believe in bribing kids. It does work! I love the picture of Charlie in the basket. So cute. How is her leg?