Thursday, May 20, 2010

summer

I've pushed it to the back of my mind long enough, I can't avoid it it's bound to happen. The kids get out of school next Thursday! It is a bit of an adjustment for me to have all four kids, all day long but I've learned with planning and preperation, it all works out. Baseball/Softball, swimming and our city's "days" will take up a good portion of June and we all love to go hiking and swimming. But I want to keep their minds working and so I have been trying to figure out the best way to do our "sumer school". I found a great idea on this blog that I am attempting. I like the idea of having a themed week and the kids writing in their journal about things pertaining to the theme. I want Abbey to be more prepared for Kindergarten than Brody was (he was our trial run since we lived in Italy for Cloe's kindergarten year) and it would be cool if Brody read a chapter book by himself this summer. This is the website 30 days suggests to use for help with the different themes and this is where I'll pull ours from as well. Minus all the crafty fluff that she made for each kid, that will be damaged in no time when Brody throws a fit about having to do some math. So time to make the calendar and wish me luck, summer school isn't one of my strengths! Next task, the chore chart! why do I torture myself????
I'm open to suggestions, most of my ideas come from others so tell me what works for you.

1 comments:

Tricia Taylor said...

Man, I'm so excited to check out that blog too!
Thanks!!!!