Monday, March 24, 2008

easter

We had a relaxing Easter, which translates to no church. It was raining too hard and the bus stop is now too far away with the new construction going on. Our testimony is only a 15 minute walk not a 25. I had already packed the plastic eggs from last year, so there were no easter egg hunts. Can you tell I'm getting ready to go home? But the kids looked for their baskets and Brody was a little disappointed that the bunny doesn't give as generously as Santa. When he's older, he'll appreciate the cadbury creme eggs I had imported from England.

And for dinner we went to our friends house. It rained all day and they live across the city from us and Ryan refused to pay for a taxi! We rode bikes there and when we left our house, it miraculously stopped raining! We took a carrot cake and it was in a 9x13 glass dish that was too large for the basket so Cloe balanced it on her knees behind Ryan. Ryan only sat on it once. Riding through Florence is enjoyable and it took us about 45 minutes, but it wasn't so bad because it was through the city. Ryan had the girls, and Abbey serenaded him with "I am a child of God" repeatedly and Brody sang some song to me in Italian about Christ on the cross, over and over. The ride home was rainy at first but bearable and then it let up after about 10 minutes. Can't wait to be home next year for some real Easter fun with family and egg hunts in Grandma's yard!!!

The kids always come home from school with the most intricate holiday crafts. They are cute and I want to save them but they are too delicate to store.


They learned all about Christ on the cross at school and Brody got to carry the cross with Jesus on it and the crown of thorns. For a while, whenever he would color or paint, it was pictures of Jesus on the cross. Glad they're learning about it but maybe his class got a little too much cross, not enough resurrection.

Hope you all had a good Easter!

8 comments:

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

We miss you! When are you coming home?

Katrina said...

Are you done with 40 days of no sugar now?

courtneyb said...

yeah, it was more like 30 days, I failed. I went to sushi and they had green tea ice cream. I love green tea ice cream and hadn't had it for years. That's what finally broke me. But sugar makes me sick now.


Emily, June.

corine said...

you missed a very intense easter egg hunt. persayes would have whooped your kids:) love ya

Jess said...

Packing already?!!! Very exciting. Hope to see you guys this summer!!!

Gingerlylizzy said...

Don't you know people in Africa walk for miles to go to church? :) SLACKERS! Hee hee. So when are you coming home? I can't wait!

Jenn Mobbs said...

What is church? Ha Ha. Two min drive or forget about it:) When are you coming home? Can't wait to see you and hope that you will be living close!!

Teresa said...

Do you know when exactly in June? I am flying to Utah on the 24th and staying though the 6th or something like that. We would love to see you. Maybe even in the Albuquerque airport!:c)