this is a great essay my friend wrote about motherhood.
Since Cloe turned 6 this year, it seems like so much has changed that I'm not ready for but have no choice. I've noticed when I carry her to the couch in the morning, if she doesn't hold on, her feet hang down passed my knees. I was so proud of her the other day at school after talking with the nun. There is a little boy in her class that is adopted from Russia, his parents are split and they both work a lot. He is quite a trouble maker. He has marked on Cloe's uniform with marker and threw one of her toys and lost it. One day I was talking to Cloe about him and told her how he came from an orphanage like "Lewis"(from "Meet the Robinsons") and that she needs to be nice even though he is mean and act the way Jesus would. Last week while I was dropping her off, he ran out of the class and gave her a big hug and said "buon giorno Cloe!" and a few days ago I noticed when I picked her up, he grabbed her hand and said "ciao". I asked the nun if he likes Cloe and was nice to her and she smiled and said yes. On our walk home we talked more about it. But I was just so proud of her maturity and ability to love. She has such a sweet heart and sometimes I feel she looks at me like "silly mom, if you only knew, one of these days you'll figure it out". I should be doing the teaching, not her :)
But to write something about my other sweet kids, I've always wanted to blog about Abbey and her scent. I LOVE how she smells. Whenever she's sitting on my lap, near me or laying with me, I just sniff her. Sometimes I even tell her to let me smell her breath. But she does have serious farts, not so sweet smelling but funny when she announces them and laughs at herself.
I love how sincere Brody is. He always compliments me and is so sincere. On Sunday, the Relief Society woman sang in the middle of sacrament for a rest hymn. When we were done, I was walking back the back row, of course where else, and Brody stood and clapped and yelled "bravo". He had the biggest smile and when I sat down he said, "mom, that was so good, I could hear you singing so pretty". 
One more story, remember, this is also our journal. We have 9:00 church but sacrament is last. Which means we don't get to church until 10:30. But I was talking with someone in the hall and told the kids to go and save a seat. I came in and couldn't find them so I grabbed the back row and chatted some more. I needed to go look for them but only had my purse and didn't want to lose our spot. I finally noticed all three of them sitting in the second row center, all with hymn books, looking forward. I got Cloe's attention and told her to come back and she shook her head no. I went up to get them and they complained saying "we never get to sit up here, can we please sit up here??" I finally bargained that we would sit there a different Sunday (on opposite day).
The most horrible day.
19 hours ago

6 comments:
Cloe is such a little sweet heart. That cracks me up that they wanted to sit in the front. I'm impressed that you even got up and sang with the RS.
u are the cutest mom ever...well until i have kids one day, hehehe.
that is so cute. i love smelling persayes breath too. it smells so good. i miss and loyve your kids so much. xoxo
It's when they are taller than you and nearly stronger than you and trying to pick you up that you KNOW they've grown up.
There are so many things I miss now Alexander isn't really a kid anymore. Grab all the moments while they last.
the reason we sit on the second pew (left side, which bugs because you can't see the clock) is because my kids insisted we sit closer.
they are such good examples to us! and i can't believe you can even carry your cloe still. mine is far too big and my arms are far too weak.
thanks for the love.
xo
We love the movie Meet the Robinsons. It wasn't publicized enough, I think it's my fave Disney movie ever, it has such great messages. And how cute are your kids, wanting to sit in the front row at church?
Post a Comment