Saturday, April 12, 2008

beautiful spring days were nice while they lasted

Last Saturday we took the kids to the little carnival/fun park by our house. Ryan was playing basketball at the courts by it and called and said to come meet him there. The kids were thrilled to say the least. As we were walking up to it, Cloe said "All the food is in the front of my stomach and I feel like I'm going to throw up because I'm so excited!" Perfect reaction. Of course the kids had a great time. They have been asking us to go there for the last 5 months or so but it's been too cold and Ryan has been too busy. On each ride there is a stuffed animal that dangles and whoever grabs it, gets a free ride. The cheap parents (and competitive) that we are, srategically placed our children on the ride so that they were guaranteed to grab it.
"Brody, I don't care if you want to ride the motorcycle on the carousel, your going on the pink unicorn." Alright, it wasn't that bad, but we did tell them which toys were more fun to ride. And they did get many free rides on all the rides.







And now it is raining again. Yesterday evening I went visiting teaching and as soon as I started to peddle down our street it started to sprinkle. But all week we've gotten sprinkled on at the park but nothing worth leaving for so I thought no big deal. But on my ride home, as the English lady that I visit teach put it "it was chukin down." I got POURED on. At one point I had to let out a yell because I just couldn't believe I was out in this pouring rain with no escape. And I was getting annoyed at the rain in my face.

7 comments:

weller14 said...

i love the look of pure joy on your children's faces.

-Sydney- said...

I love Cloe's line. It's funny what kids come up with to describe something but you know exactly what they mean.

Katrina said...

Chuckin down- a great new phrase to add to my repertoire. Cracks me up that your kids got all the stuffed animals!

Jess said...

looks like so much fun. I swear your kids look bigger in each post.

corine said...

oh how fun. i remember the pictures of your kids riding the cars last year. they have sure grown

Tiffany Anderson said...

Looks life a fun time!! That rain storm flooded our balcony a little and came into our living room. Good thing we don't have carpet. I hope you enjoy the book:).

behka said...

I loved Cloes perfect description of excitement! I'll have to use that one sometime. Looks like fun!