Sunday, August 31, 2008

accident magnet

Brody will always have medical insurance. On our way to church, which is down the street like 500 yards, the kids wanted to sit in the back of the Suburban. No problem, it's close and we don't go over 15 mph. Brody was sitting in a lawn chair (random) and when we took a corner, the chair flipped back and he hit is head!! He was crying and climbing over the seats to us when we saw the blood. 2 staples later, we made it to the last hour of church.
I have a very sensitive nose and it is enhanced with pregnancy. I could smell that metal scent of blood from a mile away and it made me so sick.
Any tips on how to get blood out of clothes??? I could use them. Or is it easier to just throw them away?
after the Dr. cleaned it

after he stapled it shut.

Why is it always him? His last 2 major accidents, this and his collar bone, Cloe has been doing the same exact activity yet Brody always seems to get hurt.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ice/ice water gets blood out really well but it might have to be a fresh stain... not sure. I usually will just rub a straight ice cube on it or get a bowl of cold water with ice to put the piece of clothing in. I think it has to be fresh though... i already said that.

corine said...

oh my poor bro bro he is just the unlucky one i guess. at least he has cool stories to tell once he gets older.

weller14 said...

its b/c he is a boy! crazy lil man. hahaha.

-Sydney- said...

Ohhh Brody. . .

To get blood out, even stains that have dried, use very cold water as Lindsey said and a bar of soap (dove works well for some reason). Get them wet, rub vigorously with the bar, and rub the fabric together or brush with a toothbrush until it lifts out. Repeat as needed.

Once it has gone through the drier the stain is pretty much set so don't ever put something in the drier if you have hope of getting the stain out.

And since you can smell blood so well maybe you should become a vampire. Just finished Breaking Dawn yesterday. Meh.

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

Are you sure you're not a vampire? With that keen scent of blood I am beginning to wonder...(sure blame it on pregnancy). JK, I hope Brody is doing okay, maybe you just need to turn him into bubble boy and then he won't get hurt.

Gingerlylizzy said...

Poor little guy! Don't throw the clothes away. Go get some meat tenderizer - it breaks down the protein which is what causes blood and chocolate to stain so badly (in the salt/spices section), sprinkle it on heavily, spray some spray 'n' wash or something on it, rub it in good, wash it in cold and repeat until it is out. ONLY IN COLD. Good luck!

Jessica said...

Poor Brody...he sure seems though though....ahhhh the world of little boys! :)

Becky said...

I always use hydrogen peroxide for blood stains. You just pour it on and the bubbles eat away at the stain. It might only work for fresh stains though.

I'm sorry that Brody keeps getting hurt. Use your craftiness skills and make him a little suit out of bubble wrap. That'll work for sure! :)

Jenn Mobbs said...

I too use hydrogen peroxide. Works great!!

Sorry about Brody's head. Good tip though. No lawn chairs in the back of the suburban. My kids LOVE to ride in the very back too.