Saturday, August 9, 2008

summer time, and the livings E Z

I love love Summer. I've enjoyed it even more this year because I know our life is about to change. I feel like I'm about to start a new phase in my life now that the kids are starting school and sports. They went to school in Italy but it never quite felt like the real thing. Homework, activities, helping at school, practice and games will now consume my life for the next 19 years. I have really enjoyed this "age" that the 3 kids are at. The are independent, but still dependent and their schedules are wide open.

Ryan is still out of town and has about 2 more weeks. Less if I'm lucky. I really don't know when he is coming home. We are half way moved back into our house. We emptied our storage unit and I've loaded the Suburban twice with boxes and what not. None of this would've been possible with out the help of Ryan's parents! But there is still a ways to go. Every time we move, I'm amazed at how big of a pack rat Ryan is. And I try to compensate by getting rid of my stuff. We have a bin with all of his memorabilia t-shirts! Another bin full of every single pair of Michael Jordan shoes he ever owned. Completely worn out by the way. So maybe if I hold his hand this time as he goes through boxes, I can help cure him. At least it isn't cats.

I can't believe I'm into the double digits of my due date countdown. I'll post pictures at 30 weeks. I told my step Dad, "Sometimes I wonder if I think I'm cute pregnant but will look back on pictures and wonder what I was thinking!" Mainly the bikini wearing. I think my belly is cute in a bikini. Stretch marks look so much more attractive when they are stretched to their limit rather than non pregnant and raisin like. agree?

One last thing, I turned 28 this month. Not much of a celebration but I plan on making up for it when Ryan gets home. On my b-day, I happened to not be eating sweets that week, so no cake. I had to clean our house after the renters moved out. But I did take the kids for a swim and my sister and I grabbed a bite to eat for dinner together.

I have been so bad at photo taking but these are from a day at the Salem pond, feeding the ducks. I was so happy when we pulled up to the park and saw all the big shady trees!


And tonight we had a church party that was a BBQ and swimming. My kids love this pool so it was a great bribe all day when they were misbehaving. I did resist wearing my bikini and wore a too small tankini instead.

Cloe figured out how to dive

Brody thinks he did too

Abbey just being cute. They swam for 2 1/2 hours and I loved it because I knew they would sleep like a rock!

8 comments:

Tiffany Anderson said...

I love the Sublime title! I have totally enjoyed being home this summer too, although I didn't spend much of summer time in Italy. I am happy to hear you are doing well, hopefully Ryan will be home soon, we'll have to do a post Italy get together.
I want to see some prego pictures!!!!

Tiffany Anderson said...

BTW....Happy Birthday!!!

Jenn Mobbs said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope that Ryan does something great since he missed it. My offer still stands. I will help you move some boxes if you need me to.

Tianna said...

Happy "Late" Birthday!!

Becky said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

-Sydney- said...

Wow, look at Cloe! All those swim lessons paid off, huh?

Happy (Late) Birthday!

behka said...

You are a very cute pregnant lady! And if you're feeling the bikini, wear it dang it! Happy birthday, oldie. (I can say that because I am a mere 6 years older than you. You are gonna love the 30's by the way, when you finally get there.)

Staci J said...

Courtney, I haven't been on your blog for way too long!!! You guys are officially Utahers now...Yay!! Where in Spanish Fork do you live? Any advice for a soon to be mother of 3, way too soon!!! Happy Birthday btw, when was it?