Tuesday, August 26, 2008

the bus and my little prayerful daughter


Cloe wanted so bad to ride the bus. On the second day of school, I told her she could ride the bus home. I sent her with a piece of paper in her pocket with her address and bus number. We all waited for her at the bus stop and when her bus finally arrived, she got off, with a look of relief on her face and her pink piece of paper clenched in her hand. I asked her how it was and if she liked it.
There were too many older kids.
And then I asked if she found her bus alright. She then told me
"I wasn't completely sure what bus to ride so when I got on the bus, I said a prayer in my head that this would be the right bus."
She has moments like this often, when she thinks to pray. And it makes me think, who's kids are you? I just don't think I can take credit for having such a spiritual child. They come pre programmed, ready for us to screw them up I guess. But I was proud of her for thinking of praying!

Luckily my mom drives a bus that drops off close to our house, so I had her switch busses and now riding the bus is fun. Of course, Grandma is driving it!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

you have awesome kids! Good for Cloe for thinking to pray. You gotta write that in her journal. And I felt the same way about leaving Ashley all day in 1st. So sad they're gone all day.

Janice said...

Bless her heart! That is so sweet! You crack me up.... My kids are the same...sometimes I dont know where they learn things, I just know I cant take credit for them! You look great...Not too much longer!

Stacy said...

So cute. I love that she thought to pray. That is really adorable. I'm glad she gets to ride the bus with grandma now. I bet that's so fun.

Jessica said...

How cute!! At least if she's gonna be gone all day, you know she will think to pray if she needs to! :)