Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas festivities

On Christmas eve, we always go to Ryan's parents house. Which includes acting out the nativity by the chitlins.



Tianna, Cloe and Abbey, the angels
Brody a wiseman

and Charlotte making her debut as baby Jesus. She pretty much cried the whole time.

All the cousins


One of my favorite traditions that I've carried on from my childhood is opening Christmas pj's on Christmas eve. And they are also sporting some slippers that g'ma Brown made them. Another tradition.

Christmas breakfast. I got this cute idea from Ryan's cousins family.


Cloe with her stuff. the only one that would make a pile and pose. She's my organized child.





Christmas was so relaxing and great. I love watching the kids play with their new toys. They are so excited and play so well. It just seems more "magical" on Christmas with little kids.

We told the kids they had to wait for us to wake up before they could go downstairs. They did pretty good and did wait. Later that evening I asked Brody if he went downstairs before we woke up and with a smirk on his face he said "no". It doesn't take long to get the truth out of him. He finally admitted it and I thought it was cute because we all used to sneak out before our parents got up. How could we really expect them to contain their excitement.

We went to my moms for dinner, games and more presents. 363 more days until Christmas. Time to start thinking of my New Year goals. Weight loss at the top, of course.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

Courtney, I just have to tell you that I almost wet myself reading your Christmas newsletter. It was so funny! You seriously inspire me to be myself and not care about what people think.

BTW, cute Christmas pics.

Alyson said...

Love the convict Pj's!! ;) Antonia will be getting a Littlest Pet Shop game for the Wii in the post soon. I have you to thank for that obsession! :))

courtneyb said...

it's funny you say that because they kept saying they were prisoners.
If Ryan comes in February, I'll send him with a present for Antonia, Littlest Pet Shops are soooo much cheaper here.

Jessica said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!

Shumster said...

love the trees to eat on Christmas. So very cute. And yeah I got to think about New Years goals too. Weight loss will be one of mine too I am sure. Well after I have the baby. doc would not be happy if I lost weight now :)

Holly said...

i totally put up our baby gate so that there's no sneaking out to see what santa brought before we are awake.