Thursday, December 11, 2008

gingerbread house fun

I found our kit for $5.50 and to my surprise, the house came already assembled! What a relief. I wanted to save this activity for when they were on Christmas break and needed something to do during the day, but I couldn't wait. And either could they. I started out putting on the frosting while they did the candy and finally got to the point where I just let them do the frosting. They loved it!! And I was able to get the dishes done. win win.
They were having the best time and kept telling me this was the funnest thing ever. And my favorite line that Abbey says when she's excited
"This is totally AWESOME!" and her voice starts to get louder at "totally". I was really bummed when the battery to the video camera was dead. I wasn't going to blog about it but because of a dead battery, I wanted to make sure it was a memory that got documented.
Then for the final pictures. If only Abbey and Brody could stand and smile.
Then they wanted me to keep taking pictures of them. It was a good laugh for me.







6 comments:

weller14 said...

brody is such a boy!

Jess said...

Looks super yummy!!

Jessica said...

How many pieces of candy did you eat tonight??
What about frosting licks??? It just looks too tempting!
I know I wouldn't resist! LOL

courtneyb said...

one candy and one lick. It was disgusting boxed gingerbread kit flavor. Had I made the frosting myself and bought the candy, that would be a different story!!

Jessica said...

Darnit....I wish mine was only 5.50!!

Stacy said...

Very fun. I should have done this with our kids. I bet they would have loved it. I love all the pics.