Friday, December 5, 2008

postpartum


I've been wanting to write about my pregnancy and the aftermath. I found this pregnancy to be different than my others. Except for maybe my first, but isn't the first always the easiest with weight gain/loss and what not. Your body is still fresh. I think living in Italy helped quite a bit. Our lifestyle was so much healthier there which was a good way to start out the pregnancy. I rode my bike, walked everywhere and ate healthier. Going to the chiropractor also made the pregnancy better. I was in far less pain than I normally am, pregnancy really pulls a number on my hips. When I was overdue, I didn't really mind because I was still feeling good. I feel like I was much more positive towards my growing pregnant body and I gained the most weight with this one.

Since she's been born, recovery has been good and I've had a huge desire to exercise. While I was pregnant, whenever I would see someone out on a Saturday morning jog, I longed for the day when I could do it again. I love to run. I used to have a runners body and hope I will again someday. Last Saturday I went for a walk/jog but once I started to jog, I couldn't stop. It felt so good to be running again and without a big pregnant belly. I also found myself being excited about some songs on my ipod that I hadn't listen to in a while. When your walking, Rage Against the Machine just doesn't serve much of a purpose. But now that I'm running again, it felt good to listen to music that got my blood pumping.
I've also noticed that when I'm picking things up from he floor, loading the dryer or dishwasher I think, "it's so nice to not have a pregnant belly anymore!". I love feeling normal again. I can't wait until Charlotte's morning feedings are consistent so I can start a regular morning jogging routine. But for now I'll be happy with Turbo Jam and Saturday morning jogs because I know it's really cold that time of day :) Triathlon season will be here before i know it and I can't wait!!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I hear ya on all of that! I've got triathlons in the back of my mind as I plan my workouts too!

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

When ever I see people on road bikes I wish I could be riding too. My belly is really starting to get in the way. This pregnancy has gone be really fast, heres hoping the next 10 weeks fly by too. I hope I feel motivated to exercise post-partem too. I am really proud of you and can't wait to hear about your triathlons. Do you have a road bike? There is a really fun all womens ride in Cache Valley in June.

Katrina said...

Oh, I'm so glad you're feeling so great! I was so happy when I could run after having babes, too. I really enjoy it.

-Sydney- said...

Two of my favorite running songs are "everybody got that something" by Nikka Costa and "Hey ya" by Outkast. I have them interspersed in my running playlist so if I'm starting to drag my feet they make me get going again :)

behka said...

Good for you for feeling great and using it! I am sooooo jealous.

Holly said...

i wish your desire to run would rub off on me. i'm glad you are feeling so well!

Jenn Mobbs said...

Go Turbo Jam!! I am glad to hear that you are feeling so good!! It is such a good feeling to have a waist again!