Sunday, November 30, 2008

date with the in-laws

On Friday, my mother-in-law took my sister-in-laws (Stacy and Brittany) and I out on a girls day. What do you think we did? Went to "Twilight" of course and then a lovely lunch. I had low expectations for the movie because I kept hearing how cheesy it was and what not. But what would you expect, the books are cheesy. I have to disagree with the reviews I have read, I really liked the movie. I want to see it again. I know I missed some things because I had Charlotte. She was perfect and slept the whole time but I was distracted because I was worried about her waking up. So I'd like to see it senza Charlotte. I always hate recommending books and movies because I feel bad when someone doesn't like my recommendation. But I do recommend this movie. Thanks for the lovely afternoon ladies and for the treat Laurene. And I can't forget about Ryan's brother who watched the 3 older kids all afternoon!
If your looking for someone to go see "Twilight" with, drop me a line, I'd love to accompany you :)

8 comments:

weller14 said...

i saw the movie. i have read hte first two books. it was okay...the book was way better...but its okay..it was entertaining at least.

Stacy said...

This was a lot of fun. I want to see it again too!!

Gingerlylizzy said...

I liked it too. A couple parts that felt awkward but I am definitely going to buy it when it comes out. You can come over then and we will watch it together :)

Where The Wilds Things Are said...

FUN! I liked the movie too. I think you had to take it for what it was worth...a cheesy teen film. I was a little skeptical of "Cedric Digory" playing Edward, but I think he did a great job and was pretty hot. Carlise's make-up was bad, but he was pretty hot too. Jasper on the other hand, what was up with his creepy looks. I thought he was supposed to calm people, not creep out people. I did bust up laughing when they showed Edward's diamond skin and when he called Bella a spider monkey. Good times...

Jessica said...

can't wait to see it Friday!!! I'll let ya know what I think.

Staci J said...

I loved it!! I want to see it again and again... I just looked at the cute pics that Liz took, your kids are too cute for words!!

conradfilm said...

this film was a big bom, but I guess that what happens when a mormon writes a book that get turns in to a film.
it started out ok then went down hill from there.

Shumster said...

OK you can accompany me when i go to see it. J/K you don"t have to come down just for that :) Your dad lives down here right? Do you ever visit him? If you guys ever do please come see us.