Tuesday, October 5, 2010

the Autumn candle scent has done something to my brain

something about this time of year makes me want to reorganize, rearrange and redecorate my house and bake and cook a ton. Spring cleaning just doesn't happen for me, I don't get that cleaning bug in the spring but the fall, yes ma'am. And the bug has bit. I think it has to do with the fact that I pull decorations out this time of year but mostly because it starts to get colder and this time of year always makes me want to be cozy and I seem to reflect that in my house.
So as I have started to clean out closets, go through dressers, bring up the decorations and throw things away, I've had a huge urge to change up my house. I want to repaint. I want to rearrange my living room but we have a sectional couch and that is making it difficult to find a way that works. And I really want to do something like this


see those walls? But I'm thinking of maybe black instead of white. But white is so fresh and clean.


I'm thinking of even throwing a Halloween party for my kids. I don't like doing kids parties, what has gotten into me. AND I kind of want to sew or craft something. I gave that stuff up a long time ago. crafts = clutter to me so I better start taking measurements of my walls before I accidentally find myself in Robert's!

5 comments:

Kali said...

you just described me to the T! Those walls are fabulous.

Kristy said...

I LOVE those pictures. They are so pretty. The only problem with white walls is kids though. :)

Jessica said...

So pretty. I am really bad at decorating. I always have an idea of what I like but it's hard for me to make that happen.

-Sydney- said...

Wow, I love those walls too! But I think you'd lose the structure of it in black. If it's a satin paint of good quality any stains will come right off. It's only flat white that's the real troublemaker.

Gingerlylizzy said...

Go for white. So clean and fresh and heartening!!! I love these looks.