The last two weekends have been wonderfully full of Fall activities. Last weekend, Ryan was out of town so don't let me paint the wrong picture, the kids were far from perfect and pleasant all the time. My friend told me about discount tickets to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point, so I jumped on that and took the kids on Friday. It was a very warm day and there wasn't a ton of shade. But this place had plenty to do and we spent a good portion of our afternoon there.
dress your own scarecrow
one snow cone, maybe I should've ordered 3. I can't bring myself to pay $2 for ice, let alone 4 cups of ice. Wow, I sound really cheap.
the duck races were so entertaining for all the kids. I sat on a bale of hay for a good 20 minutes while they pumped water and made their rubber ducky go back and forth.
Saturday morning my mom watched my kids so I could go for a lovely bike ride in the canyon with my good friends
while listening to conference the kids helped my mom and i can tomato's. We got done so quick with their help, I was surprised at how hard they worked, even Charlotte helped by peeling the tomato's.
when the day started to get long and the kids started to get restless, aka, sick of being home and watching conference, we made caramel, marshmallow, chocolate and crushed oreo apples.
When the same restlesness occured during Sunday session, we headed up Payson Canyon and went hiking at the Grotto. It was sprinkling at first but it stopped and it was so pretty and smelt so good.
Brody thought we couldn't see him because he had a camo jacket on. He would hide and then jump out to scare us and I had to keep acting like "oh my gosh Brody, I didn't even see you there."
This last weekend included another bike ride, the perfect way to start off the weekend if I do say so myself.

On Sunday, in an effort to savor the colors before they are gone, we went up Provo Canyon and walked and hiked around by Aspen Grove.
hey, I appeared on the blog
The most horrible day.
20 hours ago

3 comments:
Sweet picture of you and your doll. I need to get out and take some pics in these pretty colors.
You are such a good Mom. When I get tired of the kids fighting and being restless when Brian is gone I go to Hobby Lobby or Michaels! The fall colors are so pretty! The leaves haven't turned here yet...so it gets me excited :)
You do so many fun things with your kids! I just have to say that I wish we lived closer to each other. I would love to go on bike rides with you, and I think our kids would have a blast playing.
Post a Comment