I love watching my kids play soccer and Abbey's age has to be one of my favorites. It is entertaining and they get so proud of themselves. They all want to score so bad that they steal the ball from each other and it is so non competitive that they all have fun. This year Abbey played on the "little devils" and according to her, she scored every game and scored the most. She did do well and scored quite a bit but not as much as she has convinced herself.
This year I coached Brody's team. After a few years of coaches that had no clue about the game, I had to coach, it drove me crazy. I thought it would be a hassle and that I was just going to suck it up and make it through the six weeks. But I ended up loving it. We had a good group of boys and everyone got along well. At our last game, I cried. These sweet boys were giving me hugs and telling my "thank you" and I couldn't help it because I was so sad that the season was over. But on to Brody, he is a fearless player. I try to give him a position to play but he couldn't resist being in the action the entire game and never seemed to get tired.
So in a nut shell and I have no shame making my pride known, my kids are really good at soccer and thank goodness because it's a sport I played and know well. But it was a relief to have the season over and to not have 6 games and 1 practice a week.

0 comments:
Post a Comment