Monday, June 4, 2007

alright, I'm sure your sick of reading about our house being for rent. There just hasn't been too many noteworthy events, but I will bore you with an update. Not only are we coming home in August, our round trip tickets are $350 a person! And that deal is still available if your interested ;). (how bout them apples melinda? remember my comment on your real estate post?) We are so excited to get a little brake and be in the States which brings me to my next event. The other day, I was sick of these damn Italians. okay, okay, hate the game not the playa'! I was at the store with Brody and Abbey and as I pushed my cart through with the children inside, Brody ever so sweetly pushed a button on the cashiers register! I scolded him and good thing they don't understand English, actually they probably understood one of the words because we all know the swear words in different languages right? The cashier was cool about it but when he was done checking out our stuff, he needed I guess the manager to come over with the "key" to fix Brody's mistake, who then turned to me and scolded me in Italian. I stared at her and then said "Grazie' you dumb hag!" and we left. That same day I went to the bank to pay our rent and it was a different guy than the usual. I gave him my stuff, he continued to ask me questions in Italian "what the eff do you need, your Italian, just take my money that's all you guys usually want". He ended up charging me a 6 euro commission. what? since when? Italians. Then I came home and we had a notice in our mailbox about the conduct of renters in our building. In a nutshell "Do not throw things off the balcony, do not shake your rug because it causes dust to the people below you" "do not have loud music" It was much more wordy but that's what they were saying. I saw my neighbor clean her broom on the "drain pipe" and so I did as the Romans do and copied her. My neighbor below complained. And Ryan listens to his music when he paints, the walls are thin. It was a bad day of language barriers and culture differences. So I'm over it now and just need to get this language thing down cause they aint learning English and faster :)

On a sweeter note, there are plenty of parks within walking distance from our house, I'll give the Italians credit for that one. Today we walked passed 3 till the kids decided on the "bear park". It isn't the best playground but it has the essentials, slide, swing, bridge, see-saw. But the best thing about this park, it has bear caves! The kids call it the "bear park" because everytime we go, we go on a bear hunt. We take turns hiding in the "caves" and the rest of us sing "we're going on a bear hunt, what a beautiful day....." and then the bear chases us home. The kids could play all day and I love it. Imagine the calories I could burn if we did play all day, hmmmm, not a bad idea.
a lttle break for your eyes

A new workout I've been trying that I recommend is HiiT. High intensity i??? Training, i think. you warm up, then you do 10 sets of sprint 20 seconds then go slow to bring your heart rate down for a minute. then cool down. The whole work out takes about 20-25 minutes and burns tons of calories because you continue to burn throughout the day. But I have to warn you, sometimes you feel like your gonna puke! I found it on the oxygen magazine website forum of course referred to me by Lyndsey my workout guru.

And lastly, I think I have a new favorite author, John Irving. Of course I've only read 2 of his books but they were so good!

WAKE UP!!!!!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Court, I just want you to feel the love. I made it through that whole thing without falling asleep, getting a snack, or turning on the t.v. :c)

Brooke said...

you are so funny. i'm always laughing out loud when i read your posts! ("hate the game not the playa!" classic. i'm going to introduce that line into my vocabulary.)

Katrina said...

Courtney, I'm so happy you're coming for a visit. "Grazie, you dumb hag"- holy crap, that's hilarious! Also, I love doing interval training. I'm so looking forward to working out for real again.

Lindsey said...

Yeah i'm so glad you love HIIT (high intensity interval training). Good stuff huh? When you get "home" you should try it on the stair mill, that'll make you puke.